B roccoli is a notorious vegetable loaded with vital nutrients and also has therapeutic properties. With just a few ingredients, you can make a colorful and tasty side dish.
Asian-Inspired Garlic Broccoli
Get this easy-to-follow Asian-inspired garlic broccoli.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 16-oz. bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add frozen broccoli florets, water, garlic and 2 tablespoons butter into a microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook according to package directions, stirring halfway through. Finish cooking, then stir to combine all ingredients.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add sesame oil, 1 tablespoon butter, soy sauce, brown sugar and crushed red pepper flakes. Heat until butter melts and brown sugar dissolves completely.
- Toss cooked broccoli with sesame oil mixture and serve.