Cauliflower cheese may sound strange if you’ve never heard of it before. But once you’ve tried it, you will understand the craze surrounding cauliflower mash in the world! For many, the real star of a Thanksgiving dinner is the assemblage of side dishes, not the turkey. If you like your mashed potatoes creamy, but without all the carbs, this is the mashed cauliflower recipe for you. The end result is a buttery, creamy, cheesy blend of cauliflower that makes it seem like you’re just having an ordinary side dish and aren’t going without anything.
- Wash and trim cauliflower into medium sized chunks.
- Pour cauliflower, 2 tablespoons heavy cream and 1 tablespoon butter into a microwave safe bowl with a cover and microwave, six minutes on high.
- Mix the cream and butter to coat the cauliflower. Return to microwave and cook for 6 more minutes on high.
- Place hot mixture into a blender or food processor. Add cheese. Pulverize until consistency is smooth. Season with pepper and salt.
- Adjust cream and butter to your creaminess preference
It is true that Thanksgiving comes with indulgences, but if you want to save your indulgence for another dish, cheesy and creamy mashed cauliflower makes the perfect stand-in for mashed potatoes. You can really jazz these up with herbs, cheese, bacon – you name it, or you can keep it simple.