ou may not have ever thought of a cocktail as something that could improve your health. However, this sweet drink uses the power of peaches
to strengthen your body and leave you feeling better than ever before. This Peach Bellini Cocktail
is simply a mixture of Prosecco sparkling wine and peach purée.
Peaches contain lutein and lycopane, substances which have been shown to reduce the risk of cancer and macular degeneration. In addition, this fruit contains various phenolic compounds that can help reduce your cholesterol levels. They can even fight off metabolic syndrome, a condition linked to medical disorders like obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Now that’s something that’s worth drinking to!
Peach Bellini Cocktail
A guilt-free cocktail drink!
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 bottle of Prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced or ½ bag frozen peaches, thawed (if both not accessible, choose to go with organic)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Add peach slices and lemon juice to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop 1 – 2 tablespoons of the peach puree into a champagne flute.
- Fill glass half way with Prosecco and stir lightly to blend before filling glasses.
- Adding a simple syrup is optional. To make your simple syrup, mix ½ cup sugar with ½ cup water. Then drizzle some into the glass before adding the scoops of peach puree.
Two ripe peaches and a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice will be enough to make this cocktail flavorful!
Make a peach puree using a food processor.
Peach puree will provide tangy, tart aroma and flavor to this healthy cocktail drink!
Add the puree into a champagne flute. While you may be tempted to try to be more fancy and chill the champagne glasses, doing so will cause them to fog up and cloud the view of the champagne – there’s nothing fancy with that at all! So for an optimal effect, the glasses should be dry and as clear as possible.
Good for your heart and diabetic friendly cocktail? Definitely, it’s something worth drinking to!