My family loves pasta but I’m always worried about the carbs. If you’re like me then maybe you’ve tried substituting pasta with zucchini or squash. I love these alternatives, but my kids? Not a fan. So when a friend told me about skinny noodles.. I got excited, grabbed a pack of it and went straight to the kitchen to try it.
I used Skinny Noodles Shirataki Spinach Fettuccine for this recipe. It takes time to prepare them properly: rinse well, blanch and dry fry.. but it’s definitely worth it! Do the prep work right to make sure your noodles won’t come out wet. Dry frying will make them receptive to whatever sauce you are going to add them to.
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 packs of Skinny Noodles Shirataki Spinach Fettuccine (or 400 grams of preferred pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped
- 500g prawn meat, roughly chopped
- Pound butter, garlic, lemon and basil in a mortar and pestle (or mash with a fork in a bowl) to combine well. Set aside.
- Prepare the pasta. Dry fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large, deep fry pan over medium heat. Cook bacon, stir for 4-5 minutes until they start to crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Return pan to heat and melt half the butter. Add prawns and stir for 2-3 minutes until cooked. Then add pasta to fry pan with bacon and remaining butter. Toss, season and serve.
- Topping it with cheese is optional.
Try this recipe and let me know how it goes!