Hummus became a popular staple nowadays. Why shouldn’t it? It’s simple, healthy and so delicious. You just can’t get enough!
Quick and Easy Hummus Dip
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 42g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 28g
Total Carbohydrates 45g
Dietary Fiber 13g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained, but reserve liquid
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons tahini
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ⅓ cup really good extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- Smoked paprika (optional)
- Add chickpeas, ¼ cup reserved liquid from can, lemon juice, salt, tahini and garlic to blender or food processor. Pulse briefly. Add olive oil slowly, pulsing until just combined. (Don’t over process).
- Adjust taste with additional lemon juice and/or salt. Add additional olive oil or liquid from chickpeas to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a dash of paprika to serve.
Even better: Serve your hummus with veggies like cucumber slices, carrot spears, and red pepper wedges. You’ll get even more nutrition without adding as many calories as a bread, chip, or cracker.