If you want a quick and easy recipe that is healthy for you and your family, then you will want to try out this Mixed Vegetables and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers recipe. I love how this recipe features and adds a special taste to one of the most popular super foods around – quinoa. This recipe is packed with protein, vitamins and nutrients. And it’s also good for vegetarian and gluten-free diets.
Mixed Vegetables and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Light and extra delicious mixed veggies and quinoa stuffed peppers recipe!
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 13g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 38g
Dietary Fiber 9g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 6 bell peppers (any color: yellow, red or green; halved and seeded)
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 small to medium firm zucchini (seeded and chopped)
- 1 small firm eggplant (trimmed, chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 fresh chili pepper (thinly sliced)
- 2 plum tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled for topping)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare Quinoa in a pot with vegetable stock (or chicken stock) for about 15 minutes or until it’s tender and fluffy.
- Lower oven temperature to 374 degrees F.
- Brush bell peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray, uncut sides up and roast for about 20 minutes or until tender and skins start to darken.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Meantime, heat 3 tbsp. oil on a saucepan over a medium-high flame and cook garlic. Mix in onions, zucchini, eggplant, and chili peppers. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add cooked quinoa, and the rest of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff peppers with the mixture, drizzle with olive oil and heat inside oven for several minutes until heated through.
- Top with cheese and serve.
Reap all the health benefits of quinoa and veggies while indulging in this tasty meal!