There are a lot of reasons on why many love to eat salmon. Aside from its omega 3 content that is good for your heart and reduces cardiovascular diseases, salmon will make you even more beautiful for it has collagen that provides elasticity to your skin. Additionally, it has a good source of tryptophan, which helps you calm down and have a proper sleep.
Boy, did I just sound like Ana (our Beauty & Makeup Editor) there?
Going back, this Steamed Salmon with Fresh Lemon and Dill recipe will surely make you reap full benefits from salmon. A super easy recipe that you can prepare in an instant. The flavors of lemon and dill really complement the juicy, steamed salmon. You just need sprinkle the fresh dill over the fish before layering slices of lemon on top. Cook it at a high temperature for 4-5 minutes and it will turn out absolutely delicious!
Serve with a fresh salad and the vegetable side dish of your choice. Try it and enjoy this healthy and yummy recipe with your loved ones.
- 4 thick salmon fillets, with skin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried), plus additional (fresh) for garnish (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon, plus 1/2 whole lemon, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix melted butter, olive oil, dill, Worcestershire sauce and fresh lemon juice in a microwave-safe dish. Lay salmon skin-side up in dish and cover.
- Microwave on high 4 to 5 minutes for medium (or 3 minutes for medium-rare).
- To serve, place the salmon skin side down on a plate and spoon some the liquid over it.
- Season with fresh-cracked pepper and salt to taste.
- Garnish with thin lemon slices cut halfway through and twisted.
- Sprinkle with fresh dill for added color, if desired.
- Serve with a fresh salad and the vegetable side of your choice.
- Cooking times will vary based on microwave strength. Check after 2 minutes.