It’s not always easy to plan tasty meals that give you plenty of healthy whole foods without sacrificing taste. That’s what makes these chickpea patties so great! By using a mix of spices that reminds you of the zesty taste of a good falafel, these patties allow you to move chickpeas into the spotlight as the center of a meal that’s both tasty and good for you.
Remember, chickpeas have tons of dietary fiber in addition to protein, vitamins, and minerals – these patties are highly nutritious and even suitable for vegans. Why not whip up a batch for dinner this week?
Falafel-Inspired Chickpea Patties
High-fiber, nutrient-rich, falafel-inspired chickpea patties!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 38g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Preheat oven to 390 F.
- Into a food processor, combine chickpeas, cumin, coriander, parsley, garlic, baking soda and salt. Process until pureed.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl; add pressed onions and mix to blend.
- Mix in flour and egg, mix until well incorporated.
- Form patties, 3 inch in diameter. Set aside for 12 minutes
- Heat oil over a medium flame in a large, oven-safe frying pan.
- Fry patties for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Transfer into oven and heat for about 10 minutes.
You can serve these nutrient-rich chickpea patties with whole grain pita bread, brown rice of salad.