Did you know that swiss chard is a perfect match for bacon and garlic? The smoky bacon and heated taste of garlic enhance the natural flavor of the chard. This low carb recipe is a side dish your whole family will absolutely love. Try now and believe how good this recipe is!!!
Wilted Swiss Chard with Toasted Pecans
An excellent side dish for family dinner.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, tough outer skins removed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, washed, tough stems removed, cut into evenly sized pieces
- ¼ cup water
- Juice of ½ fresh lemon
- 2 tablespoons pecans, roughly chopped and toasted
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- To toast chopped pecans, add to dry skillet over medium-low heat. Stir continually until lightly browned (approximately 2 – 3 minutes).
- Place bacon between layers of paper towels and microwave until crispy. (Cooking times will vary, cook for 2 minutes; check and adjust time according).
- Add olive oil and shallots to large pan and cook over medium-high heat until the shallots begin to brown, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add chard leaves, water and lemon juice to pan. Stirring occasionally, cook until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Cover and cook until tender, 2 to 4 minutes more. Remove from the heat; add bacon crumbles and pecans. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.