Looking for a healthy breakfast? Wake your plain omelet up with fresh basil and goat cheese. And the best thing is that you can eat them without feeling guilty. They are a great source of protein that contain amino acids needed for growth immunity and repair. Try it and see for yourself.
Egg White Omelet with Fresh Basil and Goat Cheese
A perfect choice for a quick and easy yet satisfying meal.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 977
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 110g
Saturated Fat 57g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 12g
Monounsaturated Fat 32g
Total Carbohydrates 66g
Dietary Fiber 18g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 16 oz. container Egg Beaters (or 10 egg whites)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Fresh basil, 12 – 1 5 leaves, divided, plus additional for garnish
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese, divided, room temperature
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Whisk the eggs and milk a glass bowl until evenly combined. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Wash the basil leaves and pat dry. Stack leaves into a single pile. Starting at one end and continuing to the other, roll basil leaves into a log. Slice basil into thin rings (once unrolled, will be thin strips).
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a nonstick frying pan over low heat. Add ½ the egg mixture and gently tilt pan until an even layer covers the bottom.
- Continue cooking egg mixture until it “sets up” on bottom. (It will still be runny on top). Gently lift along the edges to allow the runny mixture to flow underneath.
- When the top starts to solidify (but before the bottom becomes too brown), add 2 oz. crumbled goat cheese and half the basil across one half the egg mixture. Fold the other half of the egg mixture over on top of the goat cheese and basil and gently slide from pan onto a serving plate
- Repeat process with remaining butter, egg mixture, goat cheese and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with additional basil leaves and serve immediately with sliced cherry tomatoes.