L ooking for more healthy recipes? This recipe is easy to prepare with your favorite filling with the cool crunch of lettuce.
Lettuce Taco Wraps
Healthy and delicious alternative to traditional tacos.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 29g
Saturated Fat 12g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 67g
Dietary Fiber 42g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning mix* (or 1 package store-bought mix)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced, seeds removed
- 12 large Romaine lettuce leaves, washed-thoroughly
*Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- .5 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container and shake well to combine. Use 2 - 3 tablespoons per pound of ground beef (use more or less according to individual taste preferences).
- Brown lean ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink inside. Drain off excess fat and add 3 tablespoons (or 1 package) taco seasoning mix to skillet. Combine thoroughly.
- Removed tough stems at bottom of each Romaine leaf, but leave the more tender upper portions intact. Spoon 2 tablespoons of seasoned beef mixture onto each leaf and top with shredded cheddar cheese and diced tomatoes.
- Roll leaf around filling and enjoy!
- This recipe can also be made in larger batches. Store unused amounts in an air-tight container for up to 6 months.