There are three things I am thankful for WiFi, laptops and Steaks! I mean who doesn’t love steaks? It’s juicy, delicious and its great with your favorite mixed field green salad! Here’s my version and you gotta try the Blue Cheese Vinaigrette, it’s simply amazing!
- 1 package of pre-washed mixed field greens
- 4 oz. crumbed blue cheese
- 16 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 12 oz. strip steak (left over from Rosemary Marinated Strip Steak), sliced on an angle
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine field greens, blue cheese and cherry tomatoes in a large salad bowl and toss with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette* dressing (recipe below). Divide evenly among 4 plates and top each with 3 oz. strip steak. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add first 5 ingredients to a glass bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. Gradually stir in blue cheese crumble. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
This is my favorite part. The Blue Cheese Vinaigrette. Not only it’s easy to make, this is the secret why its taking this recipe to the next level.
Just take a good look at this beauty. It’s awesome how simple it is. In just under 10 minutes you can whip this up without any sweat. Perfect for lunch dates, family get together or simply indulging on a healthy hearty meal. Go ahead, indulge I promise you’ll keep coming back for more.