The flavor combination of garlic, butter and shrimp of this pan-seared recipe is nothing short of perfection. And since 2015 is the “Year of Eating Healthfully” for me and my family, I made sure that this Pan-Seared Jumbo Shrimp with Garlic Lemon Butter dish is healthy, flavorful and extremely delicious.
Serve it as an appetizer or a main entree if you wish. Sprinkle some red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
Pan-Seared Jumbo Shrimp with Garlic Lemon Butter
Simple and easy to prepare and made in quick time.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 23g
Saturated Fat 8g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Combine softened butter, garlic, lemon juice and ground oregano is bowl with a fork. Set aside.
- Toss shrimp with sugar, salt and pepper in glass bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook about 1 minute (until the color starts to change). Remove pan from heat and turn each shrimp and let stand (off heat, but in warm pan) until almost entirely opaque. Remove shrimp from pan and reserve.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp and oil. Add all shrimp back to pan with butter mixture. Cover pan and let stand 1 - 2 minutes until shrimp is cooked through and butter mixture has melted.