Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C, low in calories, and yes.. they are fat-free!This recipe is so fresh and simple you can make it in less than 10 minutes!
Simple Tomato Salad
A fresh take on a simple tomato salad.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 25g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2-3 large Tomatoes, sliced
- 15-18 assorted Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- ¼-½ tsp White Pepper Powder (Adjust as per taste)
- Salt to taste
- Wash the tomatoes to remove the dirt and grit and slice them according to your liking. Set them aside until needed.
- Prepare the salad dressing by whisking extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, white pepper powder and salt to taste. Keep it aside until needed.
- In a large serving plate, arrange the large tomatoes and then spread the halved cherry tomatoes so that they cover the platter. Tear the fresh basil leaves and spread them on top of tomatoes.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on top just before serving and enjoy this refreshing salad.