Love smores? I know you do! So here’s a quick and easy recipe even kids can do (with an adult guidance of course!). So prepare and indulge with these ooey gooey good, vegan smores.
The graham cracker was invented in 1829 in Bound Brook, New Jersey, by Presbyterian minister Sylvester Graham. The original graham cracker was made with graham flour, a combination of finely-ground unbleached-wheat flour with the wheat bran and germ coarsely-ground and added back in providing flavor. While graham crackers started out as a mild food, unsweetened or mildly sweetened, they are more commonly known as a sugar or honey sweetened baked good that approaches a cookie.
Marshmallow is a sugar candy that, in its modern form, typically consists of sugar, whipped to a spongy consistency, molded into small cylindrical pieces, and coated with corn starch. Some marshmallow recipes call for eggs.
Chocolate is a typically sweet, usually brown, food preparation of Theobroma cacao seeds, roasted and ground, often flavored, as with vanilla.
Let’s start making our vegan smores!
Is Vegan Lifestyle For You?
Download this FREE report to find out.
- Toast your marshmallows over the fire.
- Get your crackers and chocolate ready.
- Place the hot, black-charred marshmallows on top of the chocolate and smush them between the crackers.
- The hot marshmallow will help melt the chocolate.
- This will work best with a gas stove, but an electric stove will toast a marshmallow well-it just takes a while longer.
- Place the marshmallows on a long metal skewer.
- (Or do them one at a tie with a fork)
- Toast them over the flame/heat.
- When they are toasted well, smush them between two graham crackers and a piece of chocolate.
- For more melted chocolate, place the smore in the microwave for 8 seconds. This will make it nice and ooey gooey.
- When the marshmallows are toasted well, smush them between two graham crackers and a piece of chocolate. For more melted chocolate, place the smore in the microwave for 8 seconds. This will make it nice and ooey gooey.